Since 2005, we have been increasing the visibility of reuse. We educate the public about the social, environmental and economic benefits of reuse by providing capacity-building services that strengthen the reuse community.
Reuse Alliance Community Phone Call
We host a conference call a few times a year to share tips, advice, and news from the reuse sector. Join our mailing list and we'll let you know when the next call is scheduled for.
We envision a world where people are actively engaged in the reuse movement and as a result have created a cleaner environment, a greener economy for their communities, and a more equitable society.
What We've Achieved
- Started as a reuse network for greater New York metropolitan area with a grant from NY Community Trust. For nearly two years, we helped organize the reuse community, advocating for reuse policy, and providing networking opportunities
- Launched nationally in 2009
- Launched the Master Reuser Training Program
- Organized the first-ever international reuse conference and expo, ReuseConex, on October 17-20, 2010
- Hosted our third national ReuseConex in Austin, TX in October 2014.
- Helped pass national cell phone unlocking legislation, which President Obama signed into law in August, 2014.
National Reuse Day
We are hope to have October 20th recognized as National Reuse Day – a day to celebrate reuse as a central tenet of sustainability.